XForms Designer (form templates, ref-lists, workflows, etc) Change Log
Form Template Designer
- Made some foundational change in how to handle new vs existing PDF templates, which was based on user behavior of previous version. Now when you make a change to an input form template and save those changes, a prompt appears asking if you want to update the corresponding PDF template (no longer need to do this manually).
- Removed the style sheet HTML code from the PDF code and made it a global file, reducing the amount of HTML code on the PDF template instructions. You can still override the styling at the PDF template level.
- Added automated PDF template generator…now when you create an input form template, you can create editable html code for the PDF template with the click on a button. See animated gif below for what this looks like.
- Migrated PDF template designer from admin.xformsweb.com to designer.xformsweb.com
- Added PDF template selector into the header section of the form template designer
- Fixed bug that threw an error when activating a new form template that was initiated as a clone of another form template.
- Added default value attribute to text, paragraph, numbers, multichoice, and checkbox.
- Added minimum image count to image field (defaults to zero). With this feature, you can force a field user to enter the minimum number of photos specified.
- Added showTimeZone to date and time field types
- Added width to image field type (default 1080) – max height or width (which ever larger) when saving the pictures
- Added showTimeZone to table columns for date and time column field types
- Added readOnly to text field type
Enhanced formatting features for several field types. Bug fixes. Added support for timeDiff calculations, where you can add a field with an expression that calculates elapsed time between 2 different time or date fields.
Form Template Designer
Date Control: Exposed minDate and maxDate, allowing you to control the date range in the date picker element.
Number Control: Exposed min value and max value, allowing you to control the valid value number range allowed to be entered into a number field. This lets you, for example, allow entry of a range of pH values between 1 and 14. Another example: vacuum readings…you could set a minimum vacuum reading value of -30 Hg and a max vacuum reading of 0 Hg.
Also exposed # of decimals attribute to the number control. Now you can specify the number of decimal places to use for number formats. The default value is zero decimals, meaning that your number control will default to an integer unless you specific a value > 0.
Image Control: Now you can specify whether or not photos get saved to a device’s gallery. This is enabled via an optional slider switch.
A placeholder was added for a future release for the signature workflow designer element. It is currently not yet functional.